Sectional Point Repair is a trenchless option for repairing storm and sewer pipes. This is a cost-effective repair because it focuses efforts on the damaged pipe sections only. The best part of a Sectional Point Repair is you won’t have to replace the entire pipeline. This trenchless solution can save you thousands of dollars on repair and material costs.
Sectional Point Repair is commonly used for sewer pipes that are cracked, fractured, or have offset joints. For storm pipes, common issues include:
If there is a small amount of damage throughout the pipe Sectional Point Repair will be the more cost-effective repair, compared to relining the whole pipe by Cured in Place Pipe Lining (CIPP).
Trinity Subsurface clients are made aware of pipe defects through a Video Pipe Inspection report. NASSCO certified technicians document complaint reports that will grade the pipe damages. Through this procedure, you will know exactly where to repair. The report also illustrates data like diameter and length of each defect. Thus, the Sectional Point Repair can be executed without any material waste. Trinity Subsurface optimizes your budget with this advanced solution.
Before Trinity Subsurface performs Sectional Point Repair, the lines are cleaned with Hydro Jetting. This service removes all buildup for a fresh view of pipe deterioration or corrosion. The line is then televised to confirm damaged areas for repair.
Before and After (note the corrosion!):
The Sectional Point Repair process includes:
- Impregnating a felt liner with an epoxy resin.
- The saturated felt sheet is wrapped around the packer and held in place with thin zip ties.
- Needing access from both ends of the pipe, our video pipe inspection crawler transports a rope from one side of the pipe to the other.
- The rope is tied to a piece of equipment called the packer.
- The packer with the epoxy resin felt is pulled in place to the damaged section with the help of the crawler, which shows a live feed of inside the pipe.
- Once in place, the packer is inflated to create a tight seal, bonding the liner to the inside of the pipe.
- After 3-4 hours of ambient cure, the liner is cured, and the packer can be removed.
Trinity Subsurface is your one stop shop for pipe services. We solve problems including, but not limited to, sectional pipe damages.